Opening Doors to Opportunity
Instructors and Staff
Meet our instructors!
Jason Payne is President of EEM Training, LLC. Jason is an Energy Mortgage Specialist, a certified Home Energy Rating System (HERS) rater, a certified Building Analyst, an ENERGY STAR Partner, and an approved contractor for both the City of Atlanta’s SHINE Program and the Georgia Power Home Energy Improvement Program. He has been able to bridge the gap between home buyers, real estate professionals, lenders, contractors and HERS raters by developing successful procedures to streamline the entire EEM process while maximizing a home buyers’ return on investment through many rebate and tax incentive programs. Recognizing the growing need for industry professionals who are trained in the nuances of the various types of EEM products, Jason has developed comprehensive training courses for all parties involved to help jump‐start the EEM market nationwide. Jason is also owner of Structured Energies, LLC, an Atlanta‐based home energy auditing and contracting firm specializing in the facilitation of Energy Efficient Mortgages.
Jason's recent presentations include:
- “Rating a Home for an Energy Efficient Mortgage, Start to Finish” presented with Allison A. Bailes III, PhD at RESNET Building Performance Conference, March 2011.
- “What is an Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM)?” Atlanta Build, Remodel & Landscape Expo, January 27‐29, 2011
- “Energy Improvement Mortgage” live national webinar with Allison A. Bailes III, PhD for Daily 5 Remodel (http://daily5remodel.com/), January 2011.
- Jason has also made dozens of presentations to real estate professionals, lenders, and contractors over the past two years. He has taught several classes for HERS raters on the implementation of EEMs.
Wes Riley is is a Home Energy Consultant and Trainer based in Brunswick, Maine. He has over 20 years of hands-on experience in all aspects of the home performance industry. He is a former building/remodeling contractor experienced with DOE funded weatherization projects. As the first RESNET Certified HERS Rater in Maine, he began offering Home Energy Ratings System (HERS) Projects in 1996 and has performed well over 800 hands-on blower door guided existing home energy audits. Wes was involved with the EEM programs since they started in the mid-1990s and he performed the first HUD and VA EEMs in Maine. Wes was also Maine's first RESNET Certified HERS Ratings Provider and first RESNET Certified Quality Assurance Designee. He is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable supporter of the Energy Efficient Mortgage programs.
Summary of Experience and Certifications:
- Former Community Action Agency – DOE Weatherization Program Director
- Completed extensive DOE funded “house–as-a-system” auditor trainings
- Served on the DOE funded National HERS Council - Board of Directors
- First EPA Approved – ENERGY STAR HOMES Ratings Partner in Maine
- Certified the first EPA- ENERGYSTAR Home in Maine
- Has since certified over 900 EPA – ENERGYSTAR Homes (ME-NH-MA)
- Certified the first USGBC – LEED for Homes In Maine
- Has since certified five LEED for Homes
- Conducted over 50 Training Sessions at various local, state, and national energy conferences
- Conducted DOE Basic Energy Auditor classroom trainings (40 hr ) for the NH WX Program
- Approved CEU and AIA Trainer
- Performed well over 600 NH Electric Utility/WAP Program QA site inspections
- Co-Founder of the Northeast-HERS Alliance
- Co-Founded the New Hampshire - Residential Energy Performance Association (REPA)
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration - University of Southern Maine
Allison A. Bailes III is President of Energy Vanguard. He has a broad range of experience and education. He earned a PhD in physics from the University of Florida and has taught both high school level and college level physics. In 2001, he built a high performance home using structural insulated panels and launched himself into a new career. Following three years working as a home energy rater and home performance contractor, he worked as the regional manager for the EarthCraft House program at Southface in Atlanta, Georgia. In 2008, he again struck out on his own and now runs Energy Vanguard, a green building services and training firm as well as an accredited training and rating provider. Dr. Bailes is a RESNET certified Quality Assurance Designee and HERS Trainer and co-taught the Southface HERS class (2008-10) with Mike Barcik. He is also a juggler as well as an irrepressible blogger (blog.energyvanguard.com) and tweeter (@EnergyVanguard).
- Decades of real teaching experience in secondary & college level education
- Hundreds of Home Energy Rater & Field Inspector students taught
- A PhD in Physics
- LEED Accredited Professional
Pasquale Strocchia is president and founder of Integral Building & Design, Inc., serving the Hudson Valley and Greater NY Regions. The company specializes in high performance building, consulting and home energy ratings. As a RESNET- accredited HERS Rater since 2006, Pasquale has rated more than 250 homes for energy efficiency and green building programs including: NYS Energy Star Homes, DOE Builders Challenge, and USGBC LEED for Homes. The firm is also a BPI-accredited Home Performance Contractor that implements energy-efficiency improvement projects as well as providing forensic and diagnostic services to resolve building failures related to indoor air quality, durability or comfort. Additionally, Pasquale has been an instructor of building science at SUNY Ulster College as part of the Clean Energy Technology Training (CETT) Consortium since 2010.
Meet our staff!
Meredith Roedel is Training Coordinator for EEM Training. She manages logistics for class venues, issues certificates of completion, reports CEUs as appropriate, develops trade show presentations, and assists in developing marketing materials for Partners to use. She is also responsible for managing the Partner website accounts and providing general support and troubleshooting as required. Meredith enjoys museums and gardening when she can find the time.